Saturday 27 December 2014

2015

The past year has included some pretty sweet travel times, including a family vacation to Hawaii, my second season in a treeplanting camp, and a cross-Canada roadtrip with 3 wonderful people! Not too shabby for a slacker on a student's budget.

2015 is even more promising.
In fact, my upcoming adventure will begin tomorrow when I begin my journey to South America!

On December 29th, I'll fly into Cusco Peru to spend 6 weeks learning Spanish at Proyecto Peru and volunteering in an orphanage for girls. Then in February I hop on a plane to Venezuela to undertake a volunteer program with Aldeas de Paz to learn the ins and outs of NGO administration, while taking some more Spanish lessons. I will spend 8 weeks there, and then head home mid-April to readjust to North America for two weeks before heading out into the bush for my third season cooking for treeplanters in northern BC and Alberta.

It will be a little crazy and I fully admit to being slightly terrified! But I know it will be really cool, and I will meet so many fantastic people, and see some pretty nifty parts of the world...so I am also really excited! I've wanted to learn Spanish and live in a country where I can practice it for quite a while, so it will be pretty special for me to be able to do that in 2015.

I should have some basic internet access once I arrive there, but I'm not sure that I will be able to upload many photos unfortunately. We'll have to just wait and see how it goes. Either way, I'll be using this ol' blog to keep you curious people informed of what I'm up to while I'm away. Feel free to creep, but I would also love to hear from YOU! Despite the adventures, I'm sure I'll miss home sometimes :)

Anyone else have travel plans for the new year? What are some goals you are aiming for? 

2 comments:

Mumsy said...

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures!!

Maureen said...

So excited for you!