Wednesday 10 September 2014

Remember That Time When...? (A Tribute to Treeplanting 2014)

As I move into the school year, I find myself reminiscing about the past planting season, browsing photos, and missing my treeplanter family. What better way to procrastinate from homework than to create a photo tribute of some good Spring/Summer memories? So without further ado...

Remember that time when...

I got up a 4am every morning to make breakfast?


 A random blood blister appeared on the side of my pinky finger?


 A 5 minute windstorm trashed our camp?



 I went into public looking like this? (Official symptom of serious sleep deprivation)


The mosquitoes were absolutely unreal and made life a living hell?



...but then you drive to the only spot with cell reception and you see stunning landscapes like this, and it makes it ok somehow?



 Nights off were spent in the tent trailer drinking gin and tonic with great friends?


 Korey and Caitlyn dropped in for an afternoon to see the camp and help with dinner prep?



 We threw a French themed dinner, followed by wine and cheese tasting?



 Karissa and I got pedicures on her birthday? And it was the best.


We stayed up late when we should have been sleeping?

We drove through the Rocky Mountains and it was beautiful?


The planters had the energy to play soccer on their day off? (seriously...)


We were hillbillies for a night?


There was a cheesies/spam/twinkie eating contest?



We delivered freezies to the planters on Canada Day? And it was so hot they just turned to juice right away? And then Beth sank into a mud pit? 


Steve offered to wash our dinner dishes (and I began to suspect there was something there that wasn't there before)?

Karissa was in her own world as she was making brownies and didn't notice that the blender had created a cloud of cocoa that had coated the whole kitchen?


 Scott and Tony threw an epic going-away party?


We kidnapped Sam at McDonalds and threw a bachelorette party for her?


We ate all our meals off tin plates, sitting in camping chairs?


There was a camp-wide talent show, and Karissa told a bedtime story?


 Us girls had some girl-time, soaking our feet and painting our nails?


Everyone went to the swimming hole after a long hot day, and it was one of the best things that happened in life?



We bought 6 flatbed carts of groceries to feed the planters for 4 days?

 I finally saw a good sunrise?...incidentally also the day Steve asked me out.  Guess it was my lucky day :)


I got to spend the season with this pack of gems?! Love these people. 


Ps. I should mention that photo cred for any and all photos that are in focus and look like the person who took them knew what they were doing belongs to the lovely Elizabeth Ashton Roth :) 

No comments: