Monday 1 September 2014

Summer Vacation RBF Style

Dear friends... what can I say about this blog's neglect other than that it has been for a worthy cause? I have been enjoying life offline over the past couple of months, and even did some traveling which I can't wait to tell you about! 

My hopes to keep up on blogging while cooking for the treeplanters was at best optimistic, and at worst delusional. Its true that as an experienced camp cook I did have more free time this year compared to last year, but I ended up spending most of that free time napping and hanging out with my lovely treeplanters...this guy in particular. 


You may recognize Steve from the NYC 2013 trip in December, and you'll be seeing a lot more of him in posts to come, because as it turns out we kind of, you know, sorta like each other and now we are dating...crazy times! The point is, while technically there was free time to blog, blogging just wasn't a priority. If you follow me on Instagram you will have caught some snippets of treeplanting life, or you can try looking up the hashtag #timscamp2014.

After the planting season Steve and I made a short trip to Vancouver Island and then flew from Comox BC to Calgary Alberta to begin an epic roadtrip across Canada with friends Katharina and Malerie (also a part of the NYC team)! We took about 20 days to trek from West Coast to East Coast and back again...a whirlwind trip to say the least! In that time we were able to visit Niagara Falls, Toronto, Montreal, Newfoundland, Halifax, PEI, Quebec City, and Ottawa. I will be documenting the trip in more detail in posts to come, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Haelle said...

Smiles all around. I'm happy for you, Jill! Also can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you!! Wish we could have had the time to catch up this summer!

Hope I can meet that man of yours someday soon!

Jill said...

Thanks guys! Hope to have some more posts up soon :)