Thursday 17 December 2015

A Bad Canadian

I have to keep explaining to people that I don't qualify as a perfect Canadian: I don't speak French, I don't ski or snowboard, and now...my last confession, I have incredibly low tolerance for the cold.

I have thankfully recovered from the hellish flu that struck me down a couple nights ago, and had fully intended to get all the sightseeing done today that I have been missing out on. When I woke up, it was pouring rain, and more importantly...it was cold! Yes, my friends, it can get cold in SE asia!

Ok, granted, perhaps 16 degrees sounds like a balmy temperature to those of you back home, but over here it is freaking FREEZING! I am wearing all my warmest clothes and shivering away...there is no indoor heating, and most buildings follow the ol' Rivendell indoor/outdoor thing, so the cool breeze gets ya every time.

Apparently I am now acclimatized to 30°+ weather. I am looking forward to once again feeling the kiss of the sun on my skin (in moderation, as my easily-burned complexion reminds me). All I want to do is crawl into bed, pull the covers over me, and hibernate until the sun comes out.

1 comment:

mumsy said...

No fun being chilled to the bone! Hope the sun comes out soon. At least you don't have snowy roads to contend with!